Foreign investors will be allowed to obtain a residence permit in Ukraine
In October 2016 Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted in the first reading a draft law concerning introducing Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine in the field of residence and employment of foreigners and cancellation of registration of foreign investments.
The above mentioned draft law reduce barriers for attracting foreign investment and propose the following provisions:
- cancellation the registration of foreign investment. It is planned to be changed for formal notification for the aim to carry out state statistics;
- provıdıng foreign investors who have substantial interest in Ukrainian companies, but are not employed in the company, the right to obtain a temporary residence permit in Ukraine. Such changes will allow foreigners to spend enough time in Ukraine to monitor and follow up on the activities of the companies;
- simplify the process of issuing employment permit and temporary residence permit for the foreigners;
- define exhaustive list of grounds for employment permits in the Law of Ukraine «On Employment»
- making appropriate amendments to the Commercial Code and relevant legislation.
If you’re planning on running business in Ukraine the lawyers of our company can assist you in your business registration, obtaining residence permit as well as employment permit. We also can provide legal advicein different fields of Ukrainian legislation.